Thursday, October 1, 2009

Slumpty Dumpty

So yesterday I wore a trash bag to work. Working in a large, somewhat upscale law firm, there are fashionistas to the left of me and fashionistas to the right of me, but with a husband out of work and a mortgage too big for my britches, I have become a recessionista. Hence, the trash bag dress.

Okay, so you probably guessed it wasn’t actually a trash bag. But it sure felt like it. It was a pretty silver gray color, and was meant to be a tunic type of dress, short and fitted on the lower half and then bloused out above the waist. And that’s how it was when I left home in the morning. By the time I had gotten to work, though, the bottom half must have stretched out from sitting in the car, and my outfit was now just a sloppy oversized mess of a dress. I swear there are garment gremlins in my car, determined to wreak havoc on my wardrobe and self-confidence as I drive to work every day. They hide under the floor mats and sit silently invisible in the back seat along with the hair frizz goblins and the mismatched shoe ghouls.

I must hold an exorcism.

Just around the corner in every woman's mind - is a lovely dress, a wonderful suit, or entire costume which will make an enchanting new creature of her. ~Wilhela Cushman

This is the dress that malfunctioned.

No comments:

Post a Comment