Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes

Dear Lottery Gods:

I bought two tickets for tonight’s drawing. I am asking for your help to win. I am not greedy. I am not searching for mega-millions. Just a few hundred thousand will do. Or even a few thousand - just a little something to ease the pain. A little Jersey Cash, if you will.

Yes, I know, money can’t buy you love but I already have that. And I know money is the root of all evil but I am good. I am a hard worker who has just grown weary and tired. I have a husband who was laid off earlier this year. We have a small modest house with a big gigantic mortgage. Our attic needs insulation. Our kitchen needs a new ceiling, among other things. Our windows need new…windows. We have no fun money and therefore we have become…un-fun. We cancelled a trip to our nation’s capital. We never go out anymore. We sit at home and make faces at each other for entertainment. We watch The History Channel.

So….please?

Okay.
Thanks.
Bye.

"The only way not to think about money is to have a great deal of it."
~Edith Wharton

No comments:

Post a Comment