Thursday, September 24, 2009

Say Cheese!


I was sarcastically referred to by someone today as “Linda? You mean the shiny happy one?” - or something to that effect. So, okay, I will be the first to admit I don’t walk around with a smile plastered on my face. I can be moody, oftentimes cranky, and sometimes I am just plain sullen. Nothing irritates me more than a complete stranger walking by me in public saying “Hey, smile!” Who are they to tell me how to emote, how to project myself, and how to feel? They have no idea what is going on inside my head, in my life, or in the deep recesses of my psyche. The truth is, I am a quiet reflective person. Perhaps I feel the hurts of the world more than others. Perhaps I woke up on the wrong side of the bed after not sleeping quite so well, with a cat incessantly whining and screaming in my ear (literally), as it just so happens each and every single morning, day after day, week after week.   Or…perhaps…I…just…don’t…like you....

But not you, of course, dear reader of my blog.

I just wanted to say I appreciate you all taking the time to read my thoughts and words, and for all the positive feedback I’ve gotten. This is actually fun for me and something I’ve been meaning to do for a while and have finally gotten around to actually doing it. So, thanks for being part of it! Please take two minutes to watch the video clip below…because guess what? It made me smile.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps6ck1ejoAw

No comments:

Post a Comment