Thursday, September 17, 2009

A Bad Hair Day

I have waited too long to get a hair cut.  The weather and my hair are tumbling into fall, and scissors have not touched my strands since the spring time.  My hair is wild and unmanageable, tamed only by a pony tail, or perhaps a pig tail, too, I suppose.  I cannot stand it any longer.  Tomorrow is the day.  A new me.  A makeover.  Monday at work I will be a new person.  I will have new hair, new clothes, new high heel dress boots.  That's what comes with a new hair cut.  Inspiration! 

I have found this is something men will never understand - what a bad hair day does to a woman.  Well, how about a bad hair month?  Imagine the consequences of that - ha!  I have just lived it.  I feel frumpy, my face looks long and drawn out, I look older than my years.  If the hair isn't good, who cares about the shoes?  And since the shoes make the outfit, if you don't care about the shoes, then why care about the outfit?  So, I've been schlumping it up these past few weeks...dressing for comfort, eh, you might say?  And once you're dressing for comfort, it's all down hill from there....

3 comments:

  1. Today I had my makeover :) Got a couple inches cut off and am a red head again. Feels much better. But, I know exactly how you feel, Lin. There are times when I tell myself that I just don't care how I look, and then somewhere down the line I get mad at myself and vow to look my best "from now on..." I think it is a phase that happens from time to time. But, it is time for YOU to feel good again, so DO IT! The way you look definitely effects how you feel. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going tomorrow and I can't wait!!! I'm desperately in great need of a new do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will always be beautiful..especially your inward beauty. I miss and love you dearly my ole friend

    ReplyDelete