Sunday, February 26, 2012

Hedy Stuff


Award shows.  The glamour.  The glitz.  The dream.  Escape from reality. 
The Academy Awards show is on tonight, and I can’t wait to watch.  I will imbibe in red wine and red carpet satire.  I will be in awe of the gorgeous and gasp at the poorly attired.  My eyes will be blinded by the borrowed bling.

I’ve always loved the idea of Hollywood, especially Old Hollywood.  Hedy Lamarr was once quoted as saying “Any girl can look glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid.”   While I believe any girl can look glamorous, it does not come hand in hand with stupidity or flightiness or shallowness. What was Hedy thinking?  Why can’t we be both glamorous and intelligent?

I could use some inspiration to unleash my inner Gaga.  Maybe the golden Oscar will inspire me.  I’ve been feeling dowdy lately, lackluster.  I have a case of the winter blahs.  (I think I have blogged of this before? I must have a recurrent case of the winter blues.)  I need to get out of my comfort zone.  I feel a spring makeover coming on.  A hair appointment is already scheduled…

But for now, tonight, I will just watch.

I think people feel starved of nice, glamorous entertainment. They want to see costumes and gaiety and a singer; old-fashioned entertainment - it won't die easily. ~ Ronnie Corbett

No comments:

Post a Comment