Friday, November 13, 2009

Hi Honey, I'm Home!

What’s wrong in the world when the wife gets up in the morning and goes to work, while the husband and his friends go hang out at Starbucks?

This recession has really flip-flopped things. Women have become the breadwinners. Statistics show it, and I have seen it my own world.

Is it wrong of me to want to go back to the 1950s? Wearing a cotton dress each day with a cute frilly apron. Luncheons with the ladies. Game of pinochle anyone? Bridge, perhaps? Keeping house. Starching a shirt collar or two.  Bonbons at 3, only for me....

...Sweetly idling the day away until it came time to have the husband's cocktail ready in hand and kiss ass the minute he walks through the door after a hard day’s work?

“I have too many fantasies to be a housewife. I guess I am a fantasy.”
~Marilyn Monroe


No comments:

Post a Comment